When it comes to a cold coffee drink, Iced Caramel Macchiato is a popular choice in Starbucks. It’s the perfect drink for you to ease yourself during the summer. So, if you frequently purchase one, why not make your own? It’s very easy to make and delicious to drink.
What is Iced Caramel Macchiato?
Iced Caramel Macchiato is a full-bodied espresso blended with vanilla-flavoured syrup, milk, and ice cubes.
If you’re needing something sweet but don’t want to feel like you’re overdosing on caffeine, then an iced caramel macchiato is a great option.
Furthermore, for those who are new to coffee drinks, the vanilla syrup and caramel in the caramel macchiato are best. The caramel makes it one of Starbucks’ sweetest drinks.
Now, let’s look at the recipe so that you can make it at home and avoid the long queue in Starbucks.
Coffee: A strong cup of coffee like espresso or a cup of coffee that has been over-brewed. Decaf is also an option. However, strong instant coffee can be used in their place if no coffee bean or ground coffee is available. Starbucks uses Single-Origin Colombia by Nespresso® or Starbucks® Single-Origin Colombia by NESCAFÉ®.
Milk: You will need semi-skimmed milk for this recipe. When ordering an espresso drink, you have a choice of six different types of milk from Starbucks. Nonfat milk, 2 percent milk, and whole milk are the three types of dairy products available. As for Starbucks’ non-dairy options, soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk are all available.
Vanilla Syrup: Another most important ingredient is the oz vanilla syrup. If you don’t have time to make your own Starbucks vanilla syrup, you can also use store-bought syrup. But try to get the Starbucks syrup if you’re buying vanilla syrup to get a true Starbucks flavour.
Caramel Sauce: Caramel is the star of this recipe. You can use ready-made caramel or thick caramel syrup made at home. To obtain the most accurate taste, buy Starbucks syrup if you can.
Ice Cube: 1-inch by 1-inch ice cubes are ideal for this recipe because they are easy to measure.
How to Make Iced Caramel Macchiato?
Follow the instructions step by step to get the original Starbucks flavour.
1. Brew the espresso shot
First, brew 2 shots of espresso. The preferred method of preparing this beverage is with 40ml water and one capsule or ten grammes of roasted and ground coffee.
2. Pour Vanilla syrup
Add 2 pumps or 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup to a glass or a coffee mug or a cup of your choice. The pump of vanilla syrup depends on the size you are making.
3. Add Milk
Next, add 2% milk. Make sure the milk is semi-skimmed.
4. Add Ice Cubes
Now, add the ice cubes and give it a nice stir. A half-inch from the rim of the glass should be filled with ice.
5. Pour Espresso
Pour the brewed espresso on top of the drink. Add the espresso shot as per the size you are making. Take note that cooling the espresso is not necessary (or the coffee). As soon as possible after brewing, add it to your cup for the finest flavour.
6. Top with Caramel Sauce
Finally, add drizzles of caramel sauce to the espresso and serve immediately. You would need 1 tablespoon of caramel.
Starbucks options for this drink
Tall, grande, and venti are the available serving sizes for the Iced Caramel Macchiato.
- Two pumps of vanilla syrup and a shot of espresso make up the tall (12 ounces). It has 180 calories and 75 milligrams of caffeine.
- 3 pumps of vanilla syrup and 2 espresso shots make up the Grande (16 ounces). 250 calories and 150mg of caffeine are found in one serving.
- 5 pumps of vanilla syrup and 3 espresso shots make up the Venti (24 ounces). It has 350 calories and 225 milligrams of caffeine.
There is a specific sequence of ingredients that you have to follow to get the perfect Iced Caramel Macchiato.
Make sure to add the espresso only after adding the vanilla syrup and the milk. The caramel drizzle is poured on top of the drink and not mixed in, so it doesn’t get diluted.
Only give it a good stir after adding the ice cubes. However, do not stir the drink after pouring the espresso.
At first, the espresso will be bitter, but as it sinks further into the cup, its flavour will change to that of a vanilla latte.
A crosshatch pattern of 7 vertical and 7 horizontal layers of caramel drizzle is exactly like Starbucks’s caramel drizzle. So follow this vertical and horizontal layered step to get the same effect as Starbucks.
To acquire vanilla syrup from Starbucks, you may simply walk into any of their stores and inquire if they have any available. If they have enough to sell, they’ll do so. The estimated retail price is $14.
Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- 2 shots Espresso or 50ml strong coffee
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla syrup
- 1 tbsp Caramel sauce
- Enough ice to fill the glass
- Prepare two shots of espresso. This beverage is best made with 40 ml of water and one capsule or 10 g of cooked and ground coffee.
- Then, add some vanilla syrup. Pour 2 pumps of vanilla syrup, or 1 tablespoon, into a glass, mug or any cup you like. Depending on the serving size, the amount of vanilla syrup may be sufficient.
- Finally, pour in 2% milk. To get the authentic Starbucks taste, use only semi-skimmed milk.
- Include several cubes of ice and keep stirring it. Put ice up to about half an inch from the top of the glass. This is a cold drink, so you need plenty of ice.
- Add the freshly made espresso to the cup. Incorporate the required amount of espresso for the desired serving size. Keep in mind that you don’t have to chill the espresso.
- Lastly, finish the espresso off with some caramel drizzles and serve right away. To make this, you’ll require 1 teaspoon of caramel.