Are you a coffee lover? If yes, you may have extra love for cold brew coffee. If you are thinking about how you can prepare a cold brew coffee in a French press, we have got an idea for you. In this article, we have come up with a step-by-step process that will help you in preparing a cup of delicious cold brew coffee.
The best part about cold brew coffee is that it has caffeinating properties along with cooling properties. But, you don’t need heat to brew the coffee. The best part about the cold brew is that you will get delicious and smooth coffee without the added bitterness and acidity. So, why waste an extra amount on getting the coffee from the coffee shop near you when you can prepare it in your home.
- 1 Why prepare cold brew coffee in a french press?
- 2 Recipe for French Press Cold Brew coffee
- 3 Extra tips
The cold brew coffee is pretty simple to make, and it is far more affordable as compared to the coffee from the nearby coffee shop. Don’t worry, coffee brewing won’t need lots of tools, equipment, and expertise. All you need is the passion of a coffee lover to get a delicious cup of coffee. You will be surprised to know that the brewing process for cold coffee is easier as compared to the process of hot coffee.
Why prepare cold brew coffee in a french press?
In this article, we will offer you a step-by-step process to prepare a delicious cup of cold brew coffee. The cold brew can be your favorite beverage for the summer months. All you need to do is follow simple steps, and finally, a press of the French press plunger and an inexpensive cold brew coffee will help you to quench your thirst.
You can prepare it with water or with super-rich non-dairy milk. The best part about French press cold brew coffee is that it is less acidic. Thus, anyone with stomach issues can easily try cold brew coffee.
Can you make cold brew without caffeine?
If you face issues in sleeping or if you are allergic to caffeine, you can also use decaf coffee to prepare cold brew coffee. Obviously, you can’t get decaf cold brew coffee in your local coffee shop. So, why not start making cold brew coffee by using a French press in your home.
Is it tough to make cold brew coffee?
Not at all. Brewing Cold coffee is not all challenging if you have a French Press. All you need to do is mix ground coffee and coarse grind size coffee with water and let it sit for 48 hours, strain coffee out of the water, and store the concentrated liquid in the freezer.
You can use our recommended coffee beans to prepare cold brew coffee. But, coarse ground coffee works best in most cases. It depends on your personal choice whether you choose light roast coffee, dark roast coffee, flavoured, or natural coffee. You can choose any flavor and type of coffee as per your personal preference.
Thus, personal preference in choosing the type of coffee you love is the biggest advantage that you get by brewing coffee in your home.
Recipe for French Press Cold Brew coffee
After checking the amazing benefits of cold brew coffee, now is the time to prepare a delicious cup of cold brew coffee in the comfort of your home.
Following is the list of ingredients that you will need to prepare cold brew coffee
- ⅓ cup whole coffee beans
- 1 ½ cups of filtered cold water
- Ice cubes
- A sweetener like flavored syrups, caramel, melted chocolate
All you need is a coffee grinder and a French press to prepare a delicious cup of cold-brewed coffee.
1. Grinding of coffee beans
The process begins by grinding ⅓ cup of coffee beans. Make sure that the beans are coarse so that they can be filtered by the French Press. But, it should be fine enough to get the needed infusion. The coffee needs to be ground in such a way that it should lie within the middle and fine ground.
2. Combine ground coffee with water
The next step that you need to follow is to pour the ground coffee in the French press and top it with 1 ½ cups of water.
3. Stir it
Gently stir the coffee with water until it is blended properly.
- Put on the French press lid
- Now, use the plunger in the up position
- Steep the coffee for a night
- Leave the plunger in the up position so that the ground coffee is infused in the water overnight.
- Separate the coffee from the ground
- The next morning, you need to plunge the French press and separate the coffee from the coffee grounds.
4. Prepare iced coffee
Now fill your coffee mug/coffee glass with ice cubes and fill it half with milk. Fill the remaining part with iced coffee. Stir it for 3-5 minutes and enjoy your delicious cup of cold-brewed coffee.
- Always try to use coarse coffee if the particles are too big, it won’t get infused.
- The process of the French Press gives concentrated and strong coffee. If the taste is too strong for you, try to add more ice or milk.
- If you have a big size French Press, you can also prepare a larger batch of iced coffee. You can also keep the iced coffee in the refrigerator for almost a week.
- For people with sweet teeth, you can add caramel or chocolate fudge to add an extra taste.
So, follow the process and let us know about your experience of preparing cold brew coffee.