Ever since the advent of coronavirus, all of us have been super conscious and extra careful about our body immunities. Immunity tea is one step in the direction of boosting energy levels and improving the health systems of our body.
Other than being a refreshing change from the regular herb tea, this one also contains honey which has known medicinal properties and several health benefits. A potent remedy for all regular infections, Immunity tea is also easy to include in the daily routine.
Besides the deadly coronavirus, the common cold is a regular recurring health hazard that is not only inconvenient but can escalate to a serious health issue. So a little consumption of Immunity tea with Manuka Honey regularly can keep away the pesky germs and boost up your immunity system like no other. Also, manuka honey is one of the purest forms of honey that is obtained from the manuka forests of New Zealand. It is unpasteurised, antibiotic-free and rich in organic compounds which further ensures that your body gets the necessary nutrients.
Health Benefits of Immunity Tea with Manuka Honey
Immunity Tea is known to have several health benefits. A little addition of turmeric, lemon and ginger alongside Manuka honey can not accentuate the taste multiple times but can also provide unparalleled immunity against common cold, cough, flu and other respiratory symptoms.
- Honey is used to reduce inflammation and infection and to promote healing. Processed and refined honey has hardly any organic properties or medicinal benefits. But since Manuka is the purest and most natural version of raw honey, it is extra beneficial for health and promotes immunity, Manuka honey is a natural energy booster and has several associated antibiotic properties, health benefits and medicinal qualities.
- The addition of lemon not only zings the taste but also provides the much needed Vitamin C in the body. Other than the juice, lemon zest is known for its antibacterial and antioxidant qualities which can boost the immunity system.
- Turmeric is one of the most healthy spices which has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral qualities. This is beneficial in healing congestion and associated respiratory illnesses.
Immunity Tea with Manuka Honey Recipe
- Boiling water – 2 cups
- Ginger Root – 1 cm (grated or chopped)
- Ground turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Manuka honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice and zest – I whole lemon
- Put the ginger and turmeric in a cup and pour boiling hot water over it. Let it sit for a while.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Add honey and enjoy the concoction.
- You can make the mixture more potent and strong by simmering it on a low flame for 5-10 minutes. You can sieve it for a clear concoction after turning off the flame.
- You can add a small spoonful of clear coconut oil for added benefits.
Now that you know the benefits and also the method to make immunity tea with manuka honey, why don’t you try to make a cup for yourself. Let us know how you like it in the comments below.