The creamy foamed Salted caramel cream cold brew is one of Starbucks‘ flagship drinks. It’s a refreshing combination of strong coffee and caramel sauce.
Make the refreshing Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew coffee at home that just melts in your mouth. The cold brew coffee is a layered drink and takes just a few minutes to make.
This quick and easy recipe has my favorite go-to flavor, caramel. The coffee, served with foam, is so refreshing with the perfect combination of sweetness and salt.
The recipe for this is quite simple to recreate at home. And the best part is that the required ingredients are very common in our home. And this cocktail recipe is straightforward to put together.
In other words, Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew is an ideal cold coffee beverage for the summer.
To make the recipe quicker, I prefer getting my hands on already-made ingredients –caramel syrup, cold brew coffee, and vanilla syrup.
You can also make these ingredients if you want everything homemade. It is also super simple to prepare homemade cold brew coffee and vanilla syrup.
When you make it yourself, avoid using a straw. By doing this, you will get a delicious combination of sweet, salty, coffee, and caramel in each sip.
So, let’s dive into the recipe in detail and make this in a matter of minutes.
What is Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew is a drink that includes cold brew, caramel syrup, and a salted cold foam on the top.
This beverage is a delicious combination of sweet and salty flavors. It beautifully balances both tastes. So, if you do not have a sweet tooth, it can be a good cold drink.
Overview Of Recipe: Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- The caramel syrup provides the sweet caramel flavor to the cold brew coffee.
- The coffee has a fluffy thick coat of vanilla sweet cold foam along with salt dashes.
- When you wish to have extra caramel in your brew coffee, the barista will put caramel sauce in the brew cup.
- Starbucks baristas prepare cold brew batches every day by preparing coffee at room temperature for almost twenty hours.
- A similar cold brew coffee is the source for making it at home.
- This Starbucks drink is also ready as a nitro cold brew which gives it a velvety-smooth and really cold finish. Skip adding ice here.
- Cold-brew drinks are the largely caffeinated drinks of Starbucks. They have surplus caffeine content than the iced Americano or iced coffee.
It tastes not only pleasing but also looks good. The creamy foam layer on top of it gives it a rich look.
The salted caramel cream cold brews require only five ingredients in addition to the ice to be prepared. All these simple 5 ingredients create an incomparable flavourful drink.
In order for you to be ready, here is a list of the components:
Get your hands on your go-to cold brew, or you can use either homemade cold brew as well. You can also use a decaffeinated version if that better suits your needs.
However, it would help if you tried using Starbucks‘ cold brew for the authentic taste experience.
Cold brew has a significant amount of caffeine, and it adds a rich flavor to the drink.
Grab your favorite sugar-free or regular caramel syrup. It gives the cold brew the ideal level of sweetness and flavor.
However, you can use caramel sauce as well. Be sure to use a caramel sauce with a lot of liquid. If you use a thick caramel sauce, it won’t combine with the cold brew when you add it to the drink.
To make your own handmade cold foam, you need to combine some milk with some heavy cream.
Instead of regular cream, substitute heavy cream or high-fat whipping cream. It is sufficient to choose a percentage between 40 to 50 percent!
Use whole milk or almond milk. If you use almond milk, we suggest you use Almond Breeze because it foams up nicely.
While Starbucks recommends using 2% milk for their cream cold foam, you can get away with using 1-3% milk if you want to.
However, if you use milk with a lower fat content, the foam will be lighter. If you use milk with greater fat content, the foam will be creamier.
A pinch of salt creates the perfect balance of sweetness and saltiness in each dish.
Ice: It’s cold coffee. So, you have to have ice. You will need around one cup’s worth of ice cubes.
How to Make Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
Step 1: Take a glass and pour the cream, milk, and a little amount of salt into it. Stir to combine.
Then, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat it until it is beautiful and foamy. Alternately, you might use a milk frother or an immersion blender.
However, you can simply whisk the ingredients vigorously by hand. It will take approximately five to ten minutes until it becomes light and fluffy.
Beat the ingredients in an even manner until the mixture has doubled in size and begun to thicken.
Step 2: Now that you have the foam, carefully pour some caramel sauce into the cup of your choice.
We prefer to spread caramel sauce on all the sides of the glass. You could also use a clear glass if you want to give off an air of sophistication.
Step 3: Then, put a couple of ice cubes in the cup, and after that, pour the cold brew coffee into the cup.
Step 4: Finally, shower the beautiful salted cream foam on top of the cold brew coffee. The finish will be particularly foamy once you have completed the recipe.
How to Make the Foam Without a Frother?
Using a frother to make the foamy mixture is effortless.
Pour the ingredients into a long glass or jar. Then hold it at an angle and start the frother. Whisk the cream mixture by beginning at the bottom of the jug and continuing to whip it in a steady circular motion.
It would help if you did it until it doubled in size and became thick.
The ingredients need to whip up nicely, and for that, you must use cool ingredients. The results will be significantly improved if you get consistent consistency when whipping the cream.
How to Make the Foam Without a Frother?
Even while milk frothers are inexpensive and well worth the investment, not everyone has one. But it is not to say that you can’t create the foam.
You can use a standard blender. Gather all of the things into the blender and process them.
If you don’t have a standard blender, you can create the foam by mixing and shaking the ingredients. However, you will need a cocktail shaker to shake them. Apart from that, you can also use a jar with a tight lid. But, it will be a little bit more effort on your part.
You can make cold brew coffee with whatever type of coffee you prefer. But if you want it to be exactly like Starbucks, use their cold brew mix. This includes coffee from the Nario region of Colombia.
Both the vanilla syrup and the cold brew coffee can be prepared in advance of serving. When the cold foam is prepared just before putting together the drink, it tastes the nicest.
Make sure to use chilled ingredients. You are going to want to use cold components for two different reasons. One advantage is that if you utilize ice-cold components, your beverage will also be ice-cold and revitalizing. The second reason is that cool ingredients make good foam.
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- 30 ml milk
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce/syrup
- 1 cup cold brew
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup ice cube
- Pour the water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has fully melted and the mixture boils.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and carmelized sugar until well combined. Pour this mixture into the saucepan with the melted sugar mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later use.
- The Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew coffee is meant to be simple and fast. To be quick, you should prefer using pre-made caramel syrup and cold brew coffee.
- The cold brew from Starbucks is easily available at stores and online. It is generally kept in the refrigerator of the coffee aisle.
- If you don’t want the readymade option, you can prepare by yourself but make sure to start beforehand. You need twelve hours to brew the coffee. Preparing caramel syrup also requires extra time.
- This drink tastes best without a straw so that you get the perfect balance of sweetness and salt in every sip.