We’ve seen several kinds of rolls like a swiss roll, jelly roll, cinnamon rolls, and a lot more. But when it comes to Halloween season, it’s always the Pumpkin Cream cheese roll that takes the space next to turkey. This spongy, softie bread roll dessert originated around central Europe in the 19the century. Wherever it was made, this delicacy has passed seas to reach out to every country in the world. Though it has different names in each country, the love for its taste remained the same.
How To Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rolls is a Cylindrical shaped sponge cake with a spiral cross-section inside. This is made by rolling up a flat sponge Pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling on top. Already sounds delicious. Isn’t it? Let’s not wait more than. Read through and find out this mouth-watering dessert to set your dinner table right.
Ingredients for Bread:
- Eggs : 3
- Sugar : 3 cups
- Canned Pumpkin: ⅔rd of a cup
- All-Purpose Flour: ¾th of a cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon: 2 teaspoons
- Nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
Ingredients for Filling:
- Softened Cream Cheese: 250 Grams
- Softened Butter: 4 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Vanilla Essence: 1 teaspoon
Fresh ingredients are the key to delicious and long-lasting dishes. So make sure to gather all the fresh ingredients to blow the minds of your loved ones. Without any further due, let’s take a look at directions to cook the delicious Pumpkin cream cheese roll.
Caking – Baking:
- Take a large bowl to make a flat cake batter. Beat the eggs and add sugar to it. Once they’re mixed thoroughly, slowly add All-purpose flour and make sure the mixture is smooth and well-mixed. Then add the remaining ingredients, Canned pumpkin, Baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt and mix it again.
- The cake gets spongier and soft when you mix it well. It also helps in the cake to bake and roll properly.
- Then take the roll pan and place a greasing paper. Apply oil or butter to the paper to avoid sticking the paper to the cake. Sprinkle a light flour layer on top.
- Pour the batter in the pan and set the batter to align evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake the cake at 375F for 15 minutes and watch in between to be careful about the burning.
- Take out the cake, sprinkle a thick layer of powdered sugar on top of the cake. Shift the cake onto a fresh towel when it’s still hot.
- Remove the grease paper and get rid of the crusty or burnt parts.
- Add more powdered sugar on top of the hot cake and roll the cake along with the towel.
- Leave the pumpkin cake roll to cool down for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Filling to the roll and heart:
- While the rest of the cake is cool, we can work on the filling that’s the soul of the whole dish.
- Take a bowl and add softened cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla essence to it. And let the second round of beating begin.
- Beat the mixture until it turns to a creamy paste and soft enough to spread on the Pumpkin cake.
- Slowly Unroll the cake, apply the filling in a thick on the top of the cake. Roll it again and cover the roll in a silver foil or grease paper.
- Freeze the roll for about 60 minutes. Take out the roll, remove the coverage, and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Here we go! Cut the roll into slices, and the soft and creamy Pumpkin cream cheese roll is ready to serve and rock the dining table. For someone who prefers a lite dessert, this is the best choice. You can also serve this with honey or ice cream on top.
We hope this mouth-watering Pumpkin cream cheese roll recipe satisfies your dessert cravings. Get on board and try the recipe, and thank us later!