Spicy Avocado Lime Dressing
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes, zest grated and juice
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 jalapeno, cored and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- handful of cilantro
- hot sauce, a few splashes
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a food processor, blend together the avocados, lime zest and juice, sour cream, jalapeno, hot sauce, cilantro and salt and pepper until very smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Slowly add in the oil and blend for another minute.
Store covered in the fridge until ready to use.
Healthy and Spicy Fish Taco Salad
Yield: 4 meal sized salads
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper Salad
- 1 lb fish of choice (I used haddock)
- 1 1/2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped and washed
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Frozen corn, heated
- Tortilla, sliced into strips
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh salsa
- Spicy Avocado Lime Dressing
- Cooked Rice, if desired
- Place fish in glass container. In a small bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients, and pour over fish. Gently toss fish to cover both sides and put aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In large frying pan, add oil to 1/2" depth. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add a few tortilla strips at a time and fry until golden, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place a piece of tin foil on to the grill and add fish. Cook about 4 minutes per side, or until flakes easily.
- On large plates or bowls, assemble your salad. Start with lettuce on bottom, add tomatoes and onions, then corn. Put a piece of fish on top with a dollop of fresh salsa, and drizzle with dressing. Add a few tortilla strips to the plate and if adding rice, put on the side.